Did 2020 feel like the year of Time Out? It definitely meant life as we knew it changed or came to a stand still for so many people. I have heard comments like, “2020 was the worst year of my life!” Or “it was just tooo dang hard!” And many, many more comments for the not so good feeling that accompianed COVID in 2020 . There were also the “wish we could go back before this all happened”, and or “will be so happy when we can go back to normal again”.. I personally feel there is not a “going back”. It is like the blog I wrote a few months ago entitled “ The Now Normal”. Believe or not, ready or not, want it or not.. we are moving forward for it is now “Time IN 2021!”
So with 2020 behind us, let’s talk about 2021..
- Let’s first sit down and release what did not work for you in 2020… or what you do not want to bring into 2021..
- Unwanted habits you may have developed..
- Negative thinking and attitudes
- Now, lets take some time to think about what you “DO” want for 2021. 2020 was not all bad, there definitely were some “silver linings” no matter how small or insignificant they may have seemed at the time.
- How about something new and different you created or can now create (ahhh, new yummy food dishes has definitely been my new jam).
- New attitudes – (much more grateful for the little things and writing them down daily.)
- More positive thinking/talking points when holding space with and for others.
- Let’s take those thoughts and visualize what you want..
- You can start by sitting quietly and either meditating or just thinking over you list.
- Journaling your thoughts, ideas, gratefulness and so on.
- You can create an electronic (see my pic above) or physically version of your dreams/goals/ new ideas. If physical, find pictures and words that you can cut out and paste on a surface of choice. (Poster board, baking sheet, wood block. (Yes, I used a baking sheet last year so magnets could be attached.)
May I suggest we stop here for now to give you an opportunity to check in and see what works for you in creating your “Time IN 2021” project. I will happily pick up where I left off with more helpful ideas, suggestions and always support.
“ Let’s Move Forward Together”
Note: Inspiration for this blog series came from talks given by two empowering, uplifting and most Amazing friends.. Pamelgrace Beatty (https://boomer-life-today.com ) and Kristin Geliski (bundle_of_happy on Instagram).